- Even in specialty practices, where hub use might have been expected to be nearly universal, only about half of the respondents report that their practice uses hubs.
- Services reported as most valuable in getting patients on or to stay on therapy are PAPs, copay programs, and PA support.
- Respondents from each specialty place high value on their own unique cluster of hub features—so knowing those in advance can help brands design their communication program to engage practices.
As you might expect, this review just touches the surface of the survey results. For more detail on your specialty of interest, please contact me.
1. Medical Economics Staff. “What’s Ruining Medicine for Physicians: Paperwork and Administrative Burden.” Medical Economics. https://www.medicaleconomics.com/business/whats-ruining-medicine-physicians-paperwork-and-administrative-burdens. Accessed June 21, 2019.
2. Dougherty, P. “Six Ways to Effectively Manage Prior Authorization at Medical Practice.” M-Scribe Medical Billing. https://www.m-scribe.com/blog/six-ways-to-effectively-manage-pre-authorizations-at-medical-practice. Accessed June 21, 2019.
3. Healio Primary Care. “AMA: Prior Authorization Hurdles Cause Negative Health Outcomes.” Healio. https://www.healio.com/family-medicine/practice-management/news/online/%7B6862c87d-122d-488d-abf6-d2188b0bd974%7D/ama-prior-authorization-hurdles-cause-negative-health-outcomes. Accessed June 21, 2019.